The medical staff and employees at Emory Healthcare recognize that you are an individual with unique needs and perspectives. As we work to provide your care, the following outlines your rights and responsibilities.
Patients within the Emory Healthcare network can access the Emory Patient Portal. Easily schedule appointments, view lab results, view x-rays, and review vaccination protocols. Additionally, you can use the Emory Patient Portal to communicate with care teams about final bills, pay for services using a credit card or electronic check, and more.
Rights Of Patients At Emory Healthcare Portal
- Participate in the development and implementation of your care plan.
- Make informed decisions about your health care
- Knowing who coordinates your care is essential
- Ensure that you are treated with consideration and respect regardless of your age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, or source of payment.
- You will receive your care in a safe setting with regard to your safety
- Expect to be treated in a safe, respectful environment free of abuse or harassment
- Assessment and management of pain should be provided
- Obtain and understand complete and understandable information about your health condition
- You can either request treatment or refuse it.
Responsibility Of Patients At Emory Healthcare Portal
- Give complete and accurate health, medical, and insurance information, including an advance directive if it is available.
- Make sure you are considerate and respectful of other patients, hospital staff, and hospital property, and encourage your visitors to do the same.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions regarding any queries.
- Changes in your health and/or condition should be communicated to your caregivers.
- Follow your caregiver’s instructions or discuss with them any obstacles you might have to follow your prescribed treatment plan.
- If you refuse treatment or do not follow your prescribed treatment plan, accept responsibility.
Emory Patient Portal customer service can be contacted at help.emoryhealthcare.org if you have an issue or issue with your account. The Telephone number for the Emory Network Help Desk: 404-778-7777 or 404-778-3539 through Friday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm EST.