There is an Emory Patient Portal available for Emory Healthcare patients. Offers a portal for communicating and scheduling appointments, reviewing lab results, viewing x-rays, reviewing vaccination protocols, and much more. You can also use the Emory Patient Portal to communicate with care teams about final bills, pay with a credit card or electronic check, and more.
Every electronic eye health record at the Emory Eye Center will be transferred to the Emory BLUE patient portal. At this time, you must be a member of both the Emory Eye Center and Emory BLUE sites to contact us electronically.
Benefits And Features At Emory Patient Portal
The Emory Patient Portal offers several advantages. These include:
- It is possible for you to manage your healthcare online.
- The information in your medical record is always current.
- Online communication is possible with doctors and healthcare professionals.
- Calls, emails, and SMS reminders for appointments.
- When you miss an appointment, you’ll be reminded that it’s time to reschedule it.
- Telemedicine providers can help you save money by scheduling appointments after hours.
- There are no longer any lines at the doctor’s office.
- It is easy to find a doctor near you if you are searching for one.
- Additionally, you can access your medical history, lab results, and more.
- You can renew your prescription at the Portal or Health Centre in your location.
- Refer to your provider’s visit notes, specific eye health education, and imaging test results after registering on the Emory Eye Center patient portal and being seen by your provider.
- You can include messages in your medical record as part of the Patient Portal. The Emory BLUE and GOLD Patient Portals allow you to send secure messages to your care team.
It is worth signing up for as You can manage your healthcare online with the Emory Patient Portal, which is worth signing up for. Online communication between doctors and healthcare professionals is possible with an electronic medical record. A reminder can be sent via SMS, email, or phone call.